Kleiner Bericht über das verlorene Auto im Midget Newsletter UK

• Where are they now?

In the April newsletter we asked for any information you might have on a lovely little Glacier white Midget PWV 765M. Earlier this month we received this message with an update on locating the car.

"Following your mention in the April Newsletter that my daughter Katie was wondering how her old round arch Midget was fairing, via our good friend Mike Authers we are now in contact with the present owner. As you may remember it was sold to someone in Germany from who we never heard a word thereafter, but Mike contacted his chum Marcus Pieper in Germany, who astonishingly not only knew of the car, but in fact had gone with his friend Ferdinand Jakobsmeyer from Paderborn to view it when it came up for sale a few years ago. Subsequently Ferdinand purchased the car is now enjoying it very much.

Marcus, Ferdinand, and myself have been corresponding by email, and as you will see from the attached pictures, the car is kept it in stunning condition, undergoing a few subtle alterations from its original spec. Ferdinand says; "My wife and I love going out in the sunshine in a convertible”.

It's been very enjoyable sharing anecdotes with Marcus and Ferdinand, resulting in us being invited to stay with them if the the Midget Club in Germany is able to go ahead with their planned large gathering next year.

So many thanks for publishing the note and thanks also to Mike Authers for starting the ball the rolling. Dennis."

577b08d6-62b3-1673-32b6-e546a9617510.jpeg

07d58898-5496-9876-a2d6-07c154441121.jpeg

Liebe Grüße

Marcus Pieper

Lieber im Midget zum Strand, als mit dem Mercedes zum Büro!

MG Midget MK III RWA - Triumph TR 7 Rallye - Triumph 2500 TC Rallye - Mini British Classic Open - BMW 740i E38

• Kleine Randinformation:

Es stellte sich im Emailverkehr mit Dennis heraus, das der oben gezeigt Wagen das erste produzierte British Heritage Body Shell bekommen hat.

Liebe Grüße

Marcus Pieper

Lieber im Midget zum Strand, als mit dem Mercedes zum Büro!

MG Midget MK III RWA - Triumph TR 7 Rallye - Triumph 2500 TC Rallye - Mini British Classic Open - BMW 740i E38