Beiträge von Geoff

Hello Jan,

Before you go any further renew the sections of rubber fuel line hose, Do not use braided pipe, the rubber inside the braid is not resistant to E10 fuel. We have been forced to use lousy E5 fuel in recent years and it rots the rubber, believe me I know the problem well. Now we are stuck with E10 fuel which is worse and the rubber components in fuel systems cannot withstand it. Hoses rot from the inside and cause them to crack. You may be sucking air through a tiny split or hole but it will be enough to prevent fuel reaching the carburettor.

Clean the carbs out, they may contain bits of rotted rubber.

Use www.advanced fluidsolutions.co.uk - 100% Bio Fuel Hose I.D. 7.3mm Type 2240.0600 or 5.5mm Type 2240. 0400 whichever is appropriate. It is probably twice the cost of that from the usual suppliers, buy a minimum of 1metre, you will need the greater part of it.

Hello Uli and Juan,

I have your Octagon wheel spinners. Unfortunately not quite as cheap as I had guessed, My guess at £15.00 was a bit too low. However they did not have any "seconds", only best quality at £16.50 each so if you think they are too much it doesn't matter, I can sell them very quickly to members of Midget and Sprite Club here in GB.

I will see Andreas Jordan in November and also Armin Shuster who I think lives at Wieden and who is coming with Andreas. Armin or Andreas can forward them to you or if you are near enough you can collect them.

The company will give discounts to club members for their goods, I think they are going to Essen Historics Show next time and so will transport early orders free of charge. Have look at their web site, they make various components e.g half shafts etc. all made in England.

No Chinese rubbish which lasts only 5 minutes. Covid 19 is the only thing to come from China which has lasted longer.

Geoff.

OK Uli and Juan.

I. will try tomorrow to go to the factory, a lot of businesses are furloughed and may be running skeleton staff. I hope they have some stock of "seconds" and the "right" man is there. I pay in cash and don't get a bill, otherwise they would cost 20% more with tax.

There will be freunds from Germany here in November at the National Classic Show, NEC Biirmingham. I think Andreas and Heike Jordan from Limburg and also Richard White from Autel are coming so they can take them to Germany if they come by car or even by 'plane. They can go in hand luggage if they do not buy too much other stuff at the show. If not there will be others at Stoneleigh in February and I will be at Paderborn in June.

I prefer you pay me in cash when we meet because I can use them when I am there. -------- and if you don't pay my cousins from Sicily will find you.

Watch this space !

G.

Greetings from England Uli

The factory where they are made is about 15 miles from me. The company is called Orson Equipment .They sell brand new ones but also sometimes have "seconds" which do not pass quality control. There is usually a minor fault, for example in the stamping of the MG motif perhaps which, from a metre away, you cannot see. They are sub standard for retailers such as Moss but perfectly adequate. I used to buy them and the eared spinners for friends at £ 11.00 each, I suspect they are more expensive now but they might sell a set for about £ 50 / £ 60 If this is of interest I will inquire for you.

Geoff.

Yes Uli, Don are experts from Erdington, North side of Birmingham.

The standard vinyl hood will fit although you may find it hard going before you finally get it home. Fit it on the frame and use heat inside the car, an electric fan heater, to help stretch it and leave it 48 hours in a cool atmosphere afterwards. I used ratchet load straps attached to the rear and front bumpers to help pull it down.

If your Midget is a mk3 / 4 be very careful to fit the front rail accurately.

Don't have a "poncey" mohair hood, you will have people blowing kisses at you.